Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

BLOOMIN' CHRISTMAS TREE

I love the excitement I get over creating a new card.  I can hardly contain myself.

I get pen and paper out and start writing my shopping list of goodies I need and can't wait to find my way to Scrapbook Island.  Let the shopping begin!!!

I wish I could bottle that kind of excitement energy.  Would be great at 7pm when I get home from work at night.

I found this card in one of my card books, and I know instantly "I can do that!"

I've never been one for traditional Christmas red and green.  Nowadays, the colors seem to be muted, which just seem drabby to me. It doesn't feel festive.  But to see this card in pastel lit my fire!!!

I've got the two different sized flower punches, and the flower hole punch.

I had the glitter paper, and the pink and green paper was simple enough.

I found matching green and pink brads, and of course white ribbon is simple enough to find.

I've always been a big fan of getting ribbon at Michaels, especially the store close to home.  It's a fairly new store and larger than most, so it's a great resource.  Recently I've discovered a good selection of ribbons at  Jo-Ann's.

The only hard part, not that it was hard, was creating a Christmas tree template, and base template.

Now that says, Have a Merry Festive Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment