Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

RELAXING WALK ON THE BEACH

So I go over board with stamps again.  I purchased a series of shell stamps.

I love anything ocean or sea related.  I'd love to spend my day on a beach listening to the ocean, walking through wet sand hunting for shells.  When I saw these stamps I had no self control.  I had to have them.

I saw an inspiration card of 3 images on one palette.  Running with that concept I tried my hand at it.

I found beautiful shell paper.  One print was dark with dense rich colored clusters of shell.  The other design has light beachy colors with a less-dense layout.

With the idea of walking on the beach, I know I need to have foot prints on the beach!  So I  found a small footy foot punch!  Viola!!!

It's now time to make my card.  I stamp and embossed  the images, a process I've grown to love.

Once dried, I begin water painting the images using acrylic paints and water.  The details were so tiny, taking the smallest of dot to add color,  I was caught off guard on how long it would take to paint.  The fact that I'm making 12 cards, I realize I've taken on a huge project.

But I finally do finish painting.  It took a whole weekend of spare time.  Once the paint was dry, I framed each image in coordinating card stock.

I fold the card.  I cut the first layer of paper, being the shell print.  I add velum, cut a tad smaller than the design print.  I do this so the true color of the print can be seen, yet the velum mutes the majority of the print for effect.  I then adhere to the design paper with sanded brads.

I add the individual images, and glue the footy foot punches.

Final steps involve gluing the whole vignette to the card and top with a fine satin ribbon with a beachy/sea styled charm.

As I always try to bring a little surprise within the greeting card, I placed more foot prints inside, as if the stroll continued inside the card.

A massive project, but I think a definitive proud moment once done!


No comments:

Post a Comment