Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I have punches, and I'm not afraid to use them!

It must be falling flowers!

With a $100 gift certificate from mum and dad from Christmas, I went hog wild purchasing punches from Michaels. http://www.michaels.com .  With the 40% discount per one item coupon I get every week, either from a prior store visit, or via their weekly ad, once a week I went to Michaels and purchase one punch.  After a few weeks I eventually had a garden of punches.  Starting at at least $10 a punch, a 40% savings was significant.

In a prior posting I indicated I have a sickness.  I am addicted to stamps.  I think I'm addicted to punches too. 

I got a 3D floral punch, other floral punches, a butterfly punch, an oak leaf punch and a beautiful thick garden lattice punch.

I begin punching away!

For this card, after punching the lattice bottom, I used ribbon to hide the top edge of the punch.  I then begin gluing away.  The ribbons were fun.  They have a nice suede texture, so it adds a nice touch to the card.

My concept was to have small flowers cascading from the upper left top of the card, expanding to larger flowers, all the way to the lower right side of the card.  And a lone butterfly flying away.  Looks like it worked!

In reflection, it's funny how I had the idea to make the butterfly 3D and not flat.  I also had the 3D punch giving the flower dimension. But I never had the idea to make the flat flower punches 3D in effect.  That concept never struck me until later.    

Additionally, the 3D floral punch has a hole in the middle.  I had the idea to use the itty bitty floral punch to cover the hole in the 3D flower, yet again, the concept to layer the punches didn't occur to me until later.


No comments:

Post a Comment