Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

HYDRANGEAS

Most the time when creating cards, you learn something new.

With my hydrangea card I learn a few new steps.

First, using puff paint.  Ripping watercolor paper and tying a know instead of making a bow.

With this card, I used the embossed stamp process, and then hand painted with acrylic paint and water.  I then use the yellow puff paint in the center of each pedal group.  It adds a nice texture.  However, it has to be the final touch of the card, since it takes over night to 24 hours to dry!

I'm not a huge fan of ripping paper.  I can be a bit anal retentive, and messy edges runs against my grain.  But I do have to admit it does make a nice effect on the card.

I also like the tied ribbon instead of a bow.  A bow can be a bit too girly, taking a card over the top.  Yet the tied ribbon has a more subtle, maybe even more mature touch.

Sadly I gave both of these cards as a sympathy card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment