Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

THIS GIFT IS FOR YOU

Two years ago I'm at Beverly's,www.beverlys.com , and I see the cutest sheer Christmas flocked paper.  Actually two designs. 

I can't help myself and I buy a few sheets of each.

I actually hate when I do this.  I buy supplies I have no plans for using, and then inspiration never hits.  I also do this with printed ribbons.  Design is so cute on the ribbon, and then the ribbon clashes with everything I want to make.

So, for two years the beautiful paper sits.  What a waist.  What's to point of having pretty supplies if all they do is live in a dark box, and no one can enjoy it.

Then one day last Christmas season, while looking at a Christmas advertisement that involved simply wrapped gift boxes, inspiration appears!  Make a card that looks like a gift box with lid!!!

I can finally used the sheer red flocked paper, and sheer white flocked paper.  The white flocked paper I use to overlay a red card and a blue card. 

Worked nice, since I could actually use some of my printed ribbons.  How exciting is that!

What a simple design as well.  A basic folded card with an extended lid added to the folded edge.

I overlay the card first with the flocked paper.  Then I cut the lid piece of card out of the same color stock paper, and overlay as well. Then adhere to the card.

Then I add the ribbon.  With an x-acto knife, I slice a cut in the fold seam the exact width of the ribbon.  Pull the ribbon through.  I cut both ends of the ribbon on a slant, and over lap the ribbon on the inside of the card.  Having a slant edge actually makes over lapping easier and cleaner.  It makes a nice finished edge.

I create a bow for the top of the card, and the project is done. 

I found the wired edge ribbons work better.  The bow has more body and doesn't appear so limp and lifeless. 

Over all I think it was a good idea.  Better yet, it was a fast and simple card.  It can be used for birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment