Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

BUNDLE OF BOUQUETS

Back at my punching addiction, I purchased more punches for my garden collection.  A dragonfly punch and leaf punch.

Also for Christmas, my sweety bought me a cutting tool kit.  It can cut up to 12 x 12 page, with 3 different die cutters.  Wave, scallop and zigzag.

In this card, I used mostly scraps.  I had to buy green paper for making stems and card stock for the actual card.  But I basically had enough scraps to do all the punching.

And as with so many projects, the punching begins.  Flowers, leaves, butterfly and dragonfly.

I use my lattice punch for the face of the card.  I begin the punching at the line of the fold.  Thought it would be tricky, but wasn't a problem. 

I'm also excited to use my new cutting tool.  I cut a color inspiration piece for the top of the card, using my scallop tool.

Once I have the color inspiration piece, I begin punching the coordinating flowers.

I think the card speaks for itself in terms of all the punch work and placement.

I placed the 3D flower on the finish line of the lattice punch.  I thought I covered the edge cleverly.

I had to remember, place the ribbon on the card first, and glue the stems on top of the ribbon.  Makes life much easier then trying to lace the ribbon through after the fact!

















So a light begins to shine!  If I can layer the 3D flowers with a floral center piece/dot to cover the center hole I can also layer other flowers with a floral center piece/dot.

Sometimes it take awhile for an idea to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment